Pages

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ~Beverly Jones

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Problem of Time

OK....so I am a "stay at home this year" Mom. One would think I would have lots and lots of time on my hands. Yeah right! Everyone told me the transition from one child to two children is significant, but I don't think I was quite prepared for how different things are. BB is getting to be such an independent little boy. So much so that I had forgotten how much attention toddlers need. The minute I turn around, BG has her hands in the toilet and paper in her mouth. I don't want to wish this time away, but it has been a challenge to learn how to get things done.

I made a list of all the things I want to accomplish this week:
  • Clean the house
  • Do the laundry
  • Learn Korean
  • Learn how to cook Korean food
  • Get the kids pictures taken in their hanboks
  • Read all my books on adoption, attachment, behavior management, and sensory concerns.
  • Start a fundraiser for Jonah (we want to sell coffee!)
  • Paint BB and BG's room
  • Paint the kitchen and cabinets
  • Write a book on MPS and families/children impacted by the disease
  • Get my eyebrows waxed
  • Decide on what my second career is going to be
  • Spend quality time with my husband
  • Return to horseback riding
  • Continue to lose weight
  • Go to the gym
  • Take my vitamins regularly
  • Clean the basement
  • Start researching our families' geneologies
  • Find a way I can contribute to the adoption community
  • Become more active at church
  • Train my naughty dog
Ummm....this might be a little ambitious. I may just focus on trying to take a shower each day. That might be more attainable.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you are selling for Jonah, I will buy, especially if it's coffee. Your mother-in-law had me at wine, though. Great writing as always, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete