Pages

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ~Beverly Jones

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ear Infections

I took BG to the doctor yesterday for a routine visit. She needed the flu booster shot. Since she had an ear infection 3 weeks ago, the doctor checked her ears. She was amazed to find that she still has significant infection/pus in her ears! I couldn't believe it. She has been happy and doing very well.

It may be that BG has had fluid/infection in her ears since she arrived. Although I think she is adjusting and learning new things extremely well, I have noticed that her understanding of the English language has not been developing as quickly as I thought it would. It is very possible that she has not been hearing well at all. Poor, poor baby!

We are trying one more round of antibiotics. We go back to get things checked out next week. By the end of the December we will be taking her to get her hearing checked. We just want to make sure things continue to go well for her! Although we adore her exactly as she is now, I am looking forward to getting to know my daughter when she is feeling healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment