Pages

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ~Beverly Jones

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Up Since 5AM

I got up MUCH earlier than I care to today! For once it wasn't because of my children's sleep patterns. On that front we are actually doing much better. Both BB and BG have been sleeping peacefully all through the night for the last week or so. Before I rejoice, I am waiting to see if it continues! I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep because I was worrying about safety.

As my children grow older, and are spending some time away from me, privacy and safety has been on my mind a lot. I love writing about them on FB and blogging, but the truth is putting too much out in public can be dangerous. When I first started BB's blog, I had it password protected and only invited close friends. As I started to use social media more often, I loosened up. Not that I believe my blog has a wide readership, but it is possible that people I don't know could stumble across it.

I am tightening up again, although I realize that if someone with ill intentions is intent on finding out more about me and my family they can get around false names and abbreviations. Nonetheless, my son will now be known as BB (Baby Boy) and my daughter will be known as BG (Baby Girl). Although they are not babies, that is how I will always think of them! It is often what I call them. My husband will be "DH" for Dear Husband. This is something I should have done long ago. In time I will also change the content of the other blogs I have done.

1 comment:

  1. Those initials can also stand for "big boy" and "big girl" to allow for growth. You are an excellent parent, Kelly. Ann P.

    ReplyDelete